New Logo Contest-2016 – Sister Cities of Long Beach, Inc.
Spread Global Understanding by Updating the Image of Long Beach Sister Cities!
For nearly a half-century, Long Beach has been “sisters” with multiple cities around the globe. Some of these relationships are newer and some older. We strive to increase friendships between people in these various cities through travel, cultural exchanges, and education. Today, we have special relationships with Yokkaichi, Japan; Qingdao, China; Mombasa, Kenya; Phnom Penh, Cambodia; Venice, Italy; and Rosarito Beach, Mexico. Our logo should provide a fresh, progressive global image reflecting the vibrancy of Long Beach.
1. Eligibility: Any student artist or professional graphic artist living or attending school in Long Beach, California.
2. Image: All submissions must be the original work of the artist. The logo should represent the international character of Sister Cities of Long Beach, Inc., graphically through image, color, and text. The goal is to serve as citizen-to-citizen ambassadors, creating understanding and friendship across country boundaries. Therefore, images should express cooperation, friendship, and international concepts—such as, but not limited to flags, maps, handshakes, people, etc., etc.
For background information on Sister Cities of LB, Inc., consult the website at www.sistercitiesoflongbeach.org. The logo will be used on business cards, on letterhead, on our website, on fliers, etc. Final printed dimensions for such uses (e.g., business cards, letterhead) should be legible but not exceed one inch square.
3. Technical Specifications: The image must be submitted in standard software for use on the internet, for high-quality printing, and for desktop printing. High-resolution and low-resolution versions should be submitted in eps, pdf, and jpg formats, in two colors and in black-and-white.
4. Prize: $150. Judges’ decision will be final. Winning logo and all associated files will become the exclusive property of Sister Cities of Long Beach, Inc., and used for the organization’s branding purposes; it may also be included in the winning artists’ portfolios.
5. Deadline: All entries must be received by November 30, 2016.
Submission: Email your entry and/or any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Following Information Must Accompany Each Artist’s Entry
Any description of artist’s intent with this logo (optional):
By submitting this entry, I certify that this artistic logo is my own work and I release the use of it to Sister Cities of Long Beach, Inc.